Texas Part One

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Hey friends!

It's time for pictures from Dallas. As you may have read in my last post, Abi and I went to Dallas for our Spring Break. It was a lot of fun exploring Texas with my sister and getting reacquainted with the family friends we stayed with. I was going to put everything in one post, but while I was going through my pictures I realized there were way too many to fit into just one, so this is the first installment of several. Hope you enjoy!




The first place we visited was the Dallas Museum of Art which, yes, is on a hill.  We both thought it had a good mix of modern and traditional art, but by the end of it we got a bit phased and decided that food was very much needed. Where did we eat?


Torchy's is a Texas joint that was recommended to us by our roommate Ellie. Since we were down south we knew we had to try it!


They had a lot of really creative options which made it quite difficult to choose! We both ended up getting the Trailer Park, which has fried chicken, green chilies, lettuce, pico de gallo and cheese on a flour tortilla with poblano sauce. I decided to “get it trashy", so they took off the lettuce and added queso.




Not particularly pretty but oh man, it was flavorful! While I don't tend to go for spicy food, I really enjoyed it and would definitely return. One thing I will say is that the salsa was a bit of a disappointment since it was burning hot despite the fact that we ordered mild, it was VERY busy, and it's not always clear how you can customize (aka, make things a little less spicy) your order. Overall though I gave it a 4/5.

After so much spice we decided that we definitely needed something sweet, so we headed to La Madeleine, where we got hot cocoa, cheese cake, and sacher torte.




Very nice :)

After that we went out into the very windy city and decided to check out the Galleria. The Galleria is a massive mall, rumored to be visited by celebrities such as Tom Cruise, among others.

Here we are looking quite windblown.




What's that you see behind me? Yes, it IS an ice rink!



That's all for part one, tune in for part two, coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Minions

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |