A Recipe for a Lovely December Night

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Well hey there, friends! I apologize for my absence. Last week was the busiest of the entire semester with finals and full-time hours at my temp. job. However, I am pleased to say that I am now homework free (until mid-January) and will be updating my blog on the regular once again.

For tonight's blog, I thought I'd let you guys in on the fun night I just had with my lovely sisters at the Lair (aka, or apartment). After some Christmas shopping in the afternoon, Abi and I decided it was time to make some delicious Christmas cookies for all our friends at our workplace. And after some extensive mixing and mess making, we got some great results. Precursor: Don't be put off by the not so great photography and lighting!

Here's what we did:

1. Put on some awesome music. We chose Michael Bublé's Christmas album, aptly named "Christmas", and a family favorite by Shania Twain, "Come On Over".

2. Next, light a festive candle.

Oh yeah, baby.
2.5. Take an adorable picture of your sister wearing a punny Welsh apron.

I'll wash, ewe dry (accompanied by pictures of sheep)


3. And finally, make the dang cookies! We decided to go with a generic Chocolate Chip cookie recipe and then a special one called Mars Bars Melts (Milky Ways to us here in the States).

Making the batter for Chocolate Chip Cookies

Right before it goes into the oven, with another cameo from my awkwardly angled hand.

Keepin' it real here with the mess, folks. These were for cookie recipe #2: Mars Bars Melts 

The not so delicious looking batter for the Mars Bars Melts
Filled with Milky Way pieces and ready to pop into the oven. 

 
 
And the delicious results!

Try not to jealous of my lighting and editing skills.




  
Oh so gooey.


And that's all for now, folks! Hope you weren't too put off by my lack of photography skills. Hope you all have a beautiful time with the ones you love celebrating the birth of our Savior.

Until next time, God bless.

E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Minions

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |