2013: A Year In Review

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Wow, 2013 is almost over. I know I'm not the only one who's excited for 2014, but first, let's reflect on the year that's coming to a close. I'm a serious advocate for reflection and musing because it helps you to appreciate the lessons you've learned and the blessings that have been bestowed upon you. Yes, bestowed ;) While there's been a lot of exciting things that have happened this year, I narrowed it down to the main ones that came into my mind as I was writing. I hope you'll enjoy looking back through my memories and be reminded of some of your own.

Me and mom after the Color Run

1. First up, I ran my first 5k! Mom, Abi, her friend Madeline, and I participated in the Color Run which was tough, but so, so worth it. While it is just a sort of fun, get out there and exercise event, I had been training for it for a while and there was no way I was going to walk it. I always said (and believed) that I'd never be able to run even a mile, so the process of training and actually running the entire 3.1 miles was a big step on my journey towards fitness and better health, and it meant a lot to me to run over the finish line. And, mom and I went on to run two more 5ks together before the year was over! We don't mess around.

Used with permission from @estellereynen
2. I turned 21! I had a lovely time going out with my sister Urshana, roommate Estelle, and dear friend Lindsey to a nice restaurant for an intimate birthday celebration. While I am a social person, at heart I'm an introvert so the idea of a big celebration doesn't generally appeal to me, and despite the absence of the rest of my family (we celebrated later) it was a great way to commemorate the big 2-1. 

Taken shortly after coming home for the first time :)

3. Two days after I turned 21, this gorgeous girl was born. While we didn't get her till a few weeks after, it's nice to have another summer baby in the family ;) She is our first family dog and we love her to pieces. Lule kebab, lulay, the lulenator, the poopenator (don't ask), snow puppy, and all the rest- she's brought so much happiness to our lives and at times I still can't believe she's actually ours! 

4. And finally, I started my senior year. One more semester to go before I graduate, and honestly, I can't wait. It's going to be a full semester with 19 credits and a job, but by God's grace and provision it's going to be a great one.  

I wish you a very happy New Year and pray that it'll be a fruitful, joyful, and fulfilling year for all of you. Stay tuned for my 2014 goals post. 


Until next time, God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Minions

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |