Body Care Favorites

Monday, December 9, 2013

Hi friends! Now that winter is setting in, my skin, which is usually pretty "normal," feels like the Sahara*. As such, I've been upping my body care game. Here are some favorites to banish dry skin.


source
 1. Lush "Charity Pot" Hand and Body Lotion. Confession: I'm a major Lushie. I love that they're cruelty free, use a lot of natural ingredients, list all their ingredients clearly online and support some really great charities. It's a magical place and this is a magical lotion. With awesome ingredients like Almond Oil, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Ylang Ylang Oil and more, this bad boy seriously moisturizes and is great for after the shower, before bed, or whenever dryness rears its ugly head! In addition, 100% of profits (minus tax) goes to a small, grassroots charity which is listed on the pot's lid. You can buy it in two sizes, and last time I was in my local Lush, one of the store workers suggested keeping the smaller size in your hand bag and refilling it from the larger pot.

source
 2. Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm. This stuff is tested by people living in the "extreme climate conditions" of Canada, people. It works. It is definitely on the pricier side for a lip balm, but it lasts quite a long time and compared to most popular drug store lip balms (which are actually designed to dry out your lips) does what is says, providing sweet, sweet, relief for sore, dry and chapped winter lips. I usually apply this right before bed (as it's quite thick) but you can also put on a very thin layer and wear it under a lip product. Bonus: it can also be used on cuticles.

source

3. The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub. Yum. I love the smell of coconuts, though I wouldn't touch Coconut Water with a 10ft pole. The scrub does a wonderful job of sloughing (*shudder*) away dead skin off your legs and arms in the shower or bath, prepping them nicely for maximum post-shower/bath moisturization. And, you get to smell like a delicious coconut from the far off tropical island that you probably wish you were on right about now.

That's it for now!

Until next time, God bless.

E

*Clearly I love to exaggerate.
*Disclaimer-I bought everything featured and was not paid for my opinions! 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to smell like a coconut rather than looking like one, ie brown round and bristly.

    ReplyDelete

Minions

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |